Wear Only Five of Your Favorite Pieces on Christmas





When the first white, icy and soft snow falls onto the pavement of opposite to snow - dirty gray, warm and hard - you know that Christmas is just round the corner. Snow, Santa, the pine tree, the baubles, kisses under the Mistletoe, turkey; everything seems gushing through your head at this instance for you to comprehend that we are indeed approaching the end of 2014. December is the month of giving, thanking and receiving (or acknowledging) thanks from those you have reached out your kind help to.

As we yearned for this day to come to commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ (or in my case, I'm more for the turkey, ham and Pinot Grigio) and the exchange of sweet little gifts of appreciation that are neatly and sometimes painstakingly wrapped and parked under the Christmas tree, we all want to look our very best when we are ripping those (yup like I said, they were painstakingly wrapped) wrappers off our presents to display our similar enthusiasm we once had when we were aged ten.

That enthusiasm will only prolong if they were Tiffany, Cartier or Van Cleef and Arpels. Lol, jk.

So why are we only channeling out such a reserved sense of devotion and jubilance only during the month of December? Is it because we are finally reaching to an end and thus moving on to a new year, which naturally equates to having a fresh start? Or is it because we're just shrouded by a significant number of holidays this time of the month? I believe in both, but more slanted towards the latter. Maybe that is because my shipment for my new shoes got delayed and I wasn't too elated over the fact that I couldn't put them on in time for Christmas.

Anyway, that isn't the point. I didn't even know why I mentioned that. The point is that when you're ripping those wrappers apart, you wouldn't want to look as horrifically as you did last Christmas whilst performing the same act of joy, would you? Besides, what's the point if none of your family members were able to compliment (or in my case, usually starting out with an innocent remark that would lead to a controversial topic) on your dressing?

If you'd want to keep it succinct (or if you're still facing an inherent wardrobe crisis), I would suggest the five top favorites outfit.



Even though it's constantly summer, I picked up a H&M wool coat from circa 2013 (lol I almost died so be wise and go with a blazer instead, but if you're travelling - like me - go with a good coat) to emulate something that is directly proportional to Christmas: Winter. I then put on this paisley meets soft denim shirt I got from Zara and cigarette jeans from the same retail outlet because they sell the best cigarette jeans yet. I carried my Phillip Lim bag and slip on those velvet sneakers from the first collaboration between Man Repeller and Superga.

See, strictly just five items. And if you're facing any problems, you might want to refer to two of my above suggestions.

First: Être Cécile x Man Repeller repousse-mec t-shirt tucked in loosely only at the front in these Marques'Almeida x Topshop denim cut-offs and semi-protect your exposed legs with these Sophia Webster laser cut knee boots. If you're living in a seasonal climate region, use this Burberry Brit red wool coat, otherwise use a red lipstick. You'll need a bag so pick this 3.1 Phillip Lim oil slick messenger up.

Second and last: Rag & Bone navy fedora with this Elizabeth and James feathered pullover untucked with a H&M wide leg jeans to give you that Texas cowgirl who fell into a pot of feathers vibe. To complete the look, put on these Dolce & Gabbana fur booties and hold Charlotte Olympia tacos raffia clutch aka you've completed the cowgirl meets Mexican look. Perfection.

So why wear only five of your favorite pieces on Christmas? The answer to that is I'm not sure. But then, shouldn't this be a topic to touch on when you're always running low on ideas?

H&M FW '13 tailored coat, Zara denim x paisley shirt, Zara cigarette black jeans, Man Repeller x Superga velvet sneakers, 3.1 Phillip Lim small Ryder bag

Image credits Imran