How to Look Chic in a Gym





In life, there are times whereby, unnoticeable to yourself, you are bound to look extremely horrible.

1) You woke up with your make up left overnight because you had great sex with this guy you know and that you forgot to remove them, and it had allow you to successfully achieved smudged panda eyes and stained white sheets.

2) You have a huge wedgie that you really need to pull and readjust but you are in public and there was no nearest toilet and you are in a seven layered tulle dress (not to be confused with wedding dress).

3) You didn't realize you have a camel teo until you went home after being outside for ten hours.

4) You have perspiration all over your face and body and your pits are radiating foul odor when you decided it was finally time to keep fit and hit the gym.

Despite the fact that horrible is subjective to one's perception, these are some instances that are inevitable in our lives which could lead us to awkward moments where we would rather die than face society with (if you aren't in the consensus, you are a pathological liar because we all know these are the scenarios we would rather not visit). Face it, you would not want to look like Cinderella to Uglyrella in front of your boyfriend after sex, you don't want the public to judge you when you scratch your wedgie for relief, you definitely do not want to be spotted with a camel toe in Condé Nast and you definitely, definitely would not want to have that BO you once teased your classmate with.

So because problems 1, 2 and 3 are solvable within an instant - remember to remove your make up, wear proper underwear next time you don on the same dress and - I would target on getting a solution for problem 4.

I was spotted in sports wear and was literally involved in an activity called badminton. I swung some rackets and hit some (corks?). Lol who do I even kid? I don't even exercise, so I completely solved my BO problem. If you love doing sports, apply as much deodorant as possible. The deodorant will be your one step closer to eradicating BO.

Lol, but the main point is: 'How do we attract our opposite (and hopefully future) partners in the gym?' We are all going to be all sweaty and unsightly when it comes to keeping fit in the gym and exercising regularly, is there going to be a way to seduce our future *partners?* with our horribly looking selves?

This is where Alexander Wang comes in. His recent collaboration with H&M - a 94 pieces (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I think I might be) collection ranged from womenswear, menswear, versatile accessories and objects - that solely designed and infused with sports performance is perfectly great for one to look good outdoors, or even in the gym. This means you can finally perspire in peace without compromising your appearance!

But who can I kid? I do not gym. I do not even step anywhere near the 1.5 kilometres in radius near a gym. The only exercise I engage in is faux - I even did faux badminton practices - or shopping. With that, I'm going to perform my 'exercises' in my newly bought gym-wear.

First: Alexander Wang x H&M scuba trousers, Zara NYC t-shirt and sandals
Second: Alexander Wang x H&M t-shirt dress, shorts and thigh-high socks which I was emulating Carrie Bradshaw, Topshop chelsea boots
Third: Alexander Wang x H&M 'Wang' pullover, COS jeans, Buffalo wedge sneakers
Forth: Alexander wang x H&M mesh t-shirt dress, Topshop biker jacket, H&M shorts and Superga in ecru

Image credits Imran