A Blazer or a Jacket?


Choices. A concept succinct enough to be summed into a word yet brimmed with content that is condoned into an overly generalized term. When people are given choices, we are often stuck with the action of pondering over what we should choose. A blazer or a denim jacket? The look for today: Parisian or New YorkerCourt heels or strappy heels? Because we are all blessed with infinity amount of countless choices that often choosing what we deem as ideal could be tiring and occasionally, extremely challenging. Can't I layer my blazer over my denim jacket? What if I wanted to look both a Parisian and a New YorkerIs the rainy weather still appropriate for strappy sandals? This often, as shown, resulted us to develop more questions and eventually furthering our choices that ambiguity might actually be our eventual answer. Outerwear or no outerwear? Yes or no to Parisian? Heels or sliders?

I take that back. Ambiguity itself actually poses a huge choice-related obstacle: Do I need an outerwear since it's still pseudo fall weather? How can I look Parisian? Do I need to walk yards today? We are given the opportunity to make our own independent decisions that should satisfy our constant thirst for more, yet we eventually wind up with the wrong 'mores'. More hardships.

Is choice complicated or are we the ones who complicate our choices?

What if we made the wrong choice? What if a blazer would be the key to securing that internship but instead we chose to don on a denim jacket rebelliously? What if everyone looked Parisian today? What if the court heels were able to do more justice than unstrapping one million and one straps when I'm trying out the latest Charlotte Olympia?

I couldn't help but wonder: If choices are really that troublesome, should we leave it to fate?

If we were to let fate, the concept whereby things and objects and events are already predestined and written for us in the stars, be the judge to approve our destiny, do we often get what we truly desire? If choice gave us the ability to pick what we think is best for us (aka paving our own paths) and if fate was just a mere excuse for our inability to make such independent path-shaping decisions singe-handedly, would we regret (eventually) when fate was the one who decides the wisest choices for us, yet in conflict with what we truly want?

I look out of the window and pretended to be cogitating (this post, my next post, my outfit for tonight's dinner, my outfit for tomorrow) but in reality, I was actually spacing out and thinking about choices. If choosing between a blazer and jacket or even the subsequent outfits to wear for the next few days was already formidable, will choices eventually matter? Because I know that despite the endless list of options we are given, during the moment of doubt and stress which thereafter leads to panic, we will assuredly end up choosing (and sticking with) what we feel most safe and most comfortable with. It will be our pillars of strength and moral support. It will be that something we personally feel closely attached to, that is justifiable to let us feel secure and not judged.

That I believe is the basic chic outfit.

Collage images all over the web, Blazer is from H&M and Denim jacket is from Topshop.