All About That High Waisted Pants




Someone once said to me: "Do not even try high waisted pants, they're not fashionable."

I guess that someone ate his/her words back. How can high waisted pants not be fashionable if Versace did them a hell long time ago which rendered my friend to excitedly score them at eight bucks when they're disclosed as the 2V: Vintage Versace (not to be confused with Voluptuous Vaginas)? Who says that "high waisted pants make you look so granny" when you can style it up and un-grannify it with some shoes? Who asserts that high-waisted-anything makes you look like you're wearing adult diapers?

Okay, I admit, they do indeed make you portray the adult diapers visual. I think it will be more gratifying if, maybe let's say, we are hiding layers of Spanx underneath instead of diapers. Or granny panties. But does that excuse compromise the increased spike in our already voluptuous apple bottoms? Despite the 'obsession' in achieving that kind of fanny packed and 'OMG I have a huge sexay ass' look, I sometimes wonder to myself: Why haven't I gotten a pair?

There are a few reasons I cogitated:

1) I couldn't find one

2) I was too lazy to source for one

3) I was fussy and I couldn't find one that has the above similar inverted vagina look as those pants I got that smartly adorned the region slightly above my waist line, also known as the tummy

We all know that by now, the third is the most likely answer because I wouldn't blabber so much bullsh*t in one part of the three reasons if that isn't de facto the most accurate reason.

In contrary to what most people believe, I'm actually quite unkempt. Despite having my own room (like finally!), you pretty much still see clothes strewn everywhere. But when it comes to intricate garment details, I am pretty much a meticulous ass because if Carrie couldn't forgo her Roberto Cavalli top to make closet space for cohabiting with Aiden, why should I give up hope in finding the perfect high waisted pants?

There's just this je ne sais quoi behind that tingly sensation (relatively similar to orgasm) you get when a high waisted pants tightly and snuggly hugs you at a place you can never imagine. You immediately feel taller, your legs grew a feet longer and your aura empowered. You feel like you have a more compressed body (it sounds miserable even though this is a great thing) and an elongated crotch. You suddenly realized you've become a Victoria Secret's Angel. And the next moment you realized is you're strutting down their iconic runway all clad in a bra, wings, heels, some glitter and that high waisted fanny packed-like panty.

Who says granny high waisted panties couldn't be fashionable?

So I got mine - not a panty though, but rather, they're pants - at a sale off Zara racks recently, and I thought of other options for you guys to emulate that Angel look too if you guys missed out Zara.



Across: Creatures of the Wind proxi culottesCarmella elicia pantsRochas silk pants (not panties, sorry to disappoint!) and Madewell coloutte jeans (All via Shopbop)

I paired my Zara high waisted drawstring pants in khaki with my used and abused COS white t-shirt, a Monki bag I scored because I accidentally devastated my previous bag when I was on a holiday in Hong Kong and desperately needed a replacement, some H&M wide brim fedora (but not as wide as the one I mentioned here) and Zara sandals that have an uncanny resemblance to those your grandma wore.

Images done by Mr Big with iPhone 5S