Dress to Impress or Dress in Distress? S2



I couldn't help but wonder: Is it very challenging?

I headed towards and eventually into Zara for a breton striped t-shirt (as advised by Man Repller over here) as a substitute for my overly abused white t-shirt. I thought, "They'll definitely go well with my pseudo bird shit trousers!" The combination was just like Carrie and Big - a perfect couple: significantly and evidently dissimilar, but subtly amalgamating well together. I strutted happily towards the counter and paid for it (it was on 50%!!!).

I changed out to the aforementioned and went out to a party - somewhat from a eighteenth virgin-outbreak-wild-cataclysm birthday party turned a sleazy party turned a pool party. It was a party full of desperate virgins, turned horny sluts teens making out, turned pool party. And I actually meant skinny dipping.

But one think that's apparent about them being disparate from the people I see in the city (besides being overly sexual): They dressed to impress, and dressed in distress. They were clad in denim shorts, jean bermudas, chiffon shirts, muscle tank tops, motif tees, lightweight fringed vest and sandals. They've somewhat managed to coincide the interpretation of 'looking chic without compensating'. They'd definitely look stunning, I've to plaudit them on that, minus the sleazy part that's all. I couldn't help but wonder: If it is actually - and not virtually/mentally but physically - possible, then why couldn't others do the 'Coachella chic'?

Is it because no one was willing to look like Coachella vomited all over them constantly in the city, where that it is a metropolitan remarkably noted for dressing up as a normality and no one was also willing (in fact, it's almost impossible, albeit might be possible if working in a fashion department) to wear denim cut-offs or sandals to business meetings?

I foresight myself ten years down the road in New York City's summer, I thought: "Evidently, I will be like one of them, dress to impress. F*ck summer."

(Breton striped t-shirt from the men's section in Zara, trousers are actually not bird shit, but splattered paint, also from Zara, studded brogues coincidentally happen to be from Zara, but bought in Hong Kong. Bag is from none other than, you got it (wrong), Topman)

Image credits Imran